Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Has it really been this long?

Why yes, yes it has been that long. It has been over a month an a half since I last blogged. I have been so busy. Between working, baby, hubby, and just LIFE in general. So how about a little catch up?

Hyatt is 4 and a half months old. And he is still the most amazing little man. I am a tiny bit worried that he isn't rolling over either way yet, but I figure when he want's to start moving and shaking he will. And until then, I am SUPER happy that when I set him somewhere, he stays there.
Oh my goodness this boy talks. All day long he babble babble babbles. And then there are the fingers in his mouth, and the drool, and the blowing spit bubbles. It is drool galore in my house!
And if he could be any cuter, I might just explode. He is so happy all the time. He "angry coos" when he he wakes up in the middle of the night and is hungry. He hardly cries, except when we are starving him to death or he is really tired.

Other than my amazingly sweet son, I am working over 40 hours a week. And I am LOVING my new job. It keeps me busy, I am making a good amount of money (paying off bills baby!), I love talking to people all day long (and then hate being on the phone after work!), and work is such a good thing for me. Snapped me right out of any depression. I love being back to my old self!!

In slightly sadder news, J has been switched to night check so that means very little time with my all time favorite man. This is our first week of the new schedule (hence the time for blogging!) and so far so good. I am attempting to be a little super mom-ish and getting my run on after work, along with cooking dinner, chilling with my little man, and then bath time and down for bed. It's feeling like a lot by myself. But J is here in the morning and we will see each other on weekends.

I am feeling like this is our first real introduction into the Navy. It's not exactly what we planned for, or what we want, but we are rolling with the punches. And I am looking at this as my preview of deployment. And I am feeling lucky to have a preview into what my life will be like as a sort of single mom.

So that is it, hopefully I will be around more often

Love,
L

P.S. Here are a few of my mommy confessions from these first few months for you:
*I am officially "that mom". The one who lets her baby cry because sometimes you just can't come running for every little thing. Someone's  gotta cook dinner!
*I am also the mom who blows off the paci before putting it back in his mouth. No steril sanitizing here!
*Sometimes, in the early morning, I will let my baby talk himself back to sleep just so I can get a few extra minutes.
*While my family was here, Hyatt didn't get a bath for about 4 days. Can you say dirty bird? Oops!


No comments: