Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Well, that was a joke!

There are a lot of benefits to being a Navy spouse. And one thing that has been mentioned to me several times was New Parent Support. And I finally gave in and set up an appointment with new parent support.

Today was our appointment and I've got to be honest. I am not sure why she was here. All she really did was listed to us talk about H and how awesome he is. I did not learn anything new (like I thought I would), I did not learn anything about what we could be doing differently to help him developmentally (like I thought we would), and we pretty much just sat around and chatted. And don't get me wrong, that was nice and all. But it was not what I was expecting or wanting to get out of our visit.

I am not sure if I will be seeing her again...I have another appointment in a month. I could see this being nice if J was on deployment and I didn't get out of the house very often, but that is not the case.

We will see...

Love,
L

No comments: