Sunday, September 25, 2011

Grocery Shopping Week 2

So this week's total was $39.75. I can't believe I came in under $40. This should be enough to get us through the week. We have several soups planned and those go a loooong way so that will help. Here is what we bought:

splenda
campbell's soups (5) for lunches
stewed tomato's (1)
V8
1/2 & 1/2
milk
frozen corn
frozen green beans
lean pockets (1)
ground turkey (1)
italian sausage
hearts of romain
green onions
garlic
5# bag of potatoes
parsley
salad
coleslaw mix
chicken stock

And this is what we will be making:
Loaded Baked Potato Soup (thank you Kait!)
Spicy Italian Sausage
Beef and Veggi Soup
Chicken and salad
Lettuce Cups

For lunches, it will be mainly leftovers with the lean pockets and canned soups just in case.

Again, I have a lot of pantry staples that fill in for the things that I didn't shop for like pasta, onions (from last week), chicken, teriyaki sauce and what not. And I can not make a meal for just two people (especially the soups and lettuce cups!) So I have enough for lunches and leftovers. And should I have lots of leftovers of the lettuce cups, I will be making frittata's with those (that is my favorite thing to do with leftover lettuce cups). We are stocked up on eggo's and cereal so breakfasts are good to go.

What are you eating this week? I am always up for new inexpensive recipes!

Love,
L

No comments: