Friday, September 9, 2011

Home is a house with a heart...


Right now, in my little home town Extreme Makeover Home Edition is building one of the most deserving families I know a brand spanking new home. And oh how I wish I could be home right now helping. But I am not and I can only do so much from afar. But what I do want to share with all of you lovelies out there is her blog. She and her friend run a company called Earth Monkeys and they make some of the best baby products I own. And to make a long story short, they had a blog post today about some of what is going on at the site there and there was something that really stuck with me. And that was:
... but it's a place you wanted to be, because of the people.  This is a family filled with love and chaos, but mostly love.
This is the type of home I want to have. This is the type of wife and mother I want to be. Life may be chaotic, it will never be perfect, and there will always be laundry. But when people come into my house, when they meet me and my family, when they become a part of our lives, I want them to feel the love. I want to have a house with a heart. And I want to be the heart of my family. And I have no idea how to do this, but that is where I want to be. It’s part of the person I want to be. 

That's what is on my heart right now, and I just needed to share.

Love,
L

No comments: