Sunday, September 18, 2011

Grocery Shopping

After reading a few posts from ladies and their grocery shopping (most recently Kait), I thought I would join in and show you what we buy and what we make with our food.'

I generally shop once a week. That is really all I have time for. We also try to make most of our meals on Sunday's because with J working nights, I just really don't have the time to make a huge meal every night of the week. And I really hate to buy fast food.

I budget $120 for the 1st and the 15th, so $240 for the whole month. This doesn't include what we buy at Costco, which is budgeted for differently. We do 95% of our shopping at the commissary. It's generally cheaper and their produce is pretty good.

So here it goes (no picture, the hubs was super productive and started putting it all away before I could snap a picture)

Tortilla chips
Oriental noodles (3)
Triscuts (2)
Baby Cereal (2) (just getting prepared for when we decide H will start solids)
Cereal (2)
Mashed Potato's (6)
Earl Gray tea
Bay Leaves
Cinnamon Sticks
Chicken breasts
Shredded carrots
Apple butter
Zucchini (3)
Green cabbage
Garlic
Sweet Potato's (4)
1 bag sweet onions

Grand total $56.91

Our meals for the week will be:
Carnita's
Lumpia
Pansit
Kelliguin
Hamburger Pie
Spam Fried Rice

This is J's last week of night check and they will be doing a pot luck at the end of the week and they requested we make a few of the Chammoro (or Guam-ish) recipes (okay all of the Chammoro recipes) I know how to make.
Lumpia is basically a twist on an egg roll
Pansit is the lumpia "guts" with oriental noodles
Kelliguin is like a spicy chicken salad made with lemon juice and peppers.
The the carnitas will be like pork burritos.

There is so much food in my house right now. No need for separate lunches, we will be eating leftovers for sure!

That's what I'm eating this week. What are you eating?
Love,
L

Please ignore my possible misspelling of carnita's. lumpia, pansit, kelliguin, and Chammoro

No comments: