Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Back to normal


J is back working days. And I have to say I am relieved. It's hard being a "single" mom. So much to do all by yourself and not enough hours in the day to get it all done. Especially before the little man's bed time.

One thing that J and I have been working so hard on is to punch our debt in the face. We have been saving and scrimping to get rid of what little credit card debt that we have and then start working on our car loan. (And I can't even think about our house. I am burying my head in the sand a little, but I can't stress about it.) I am proud to say that we paid off J's truck right after I came back from maternity leave, paid off 1 credit card with a 2k balance, and will pay off our last card in less than a year. And that is not including any money that we may (or may not) get back at tax time. And then my car (should we keep it) will be next on the list.

Debt makes me angry. I feel so dumb for using credit cards ever. And I feel even more dumb for buying so many darn new cars. Dumb dumb dumb! If I could go back a few years and not trade in my Scion Xb, I would in a heart beat. And we would have 2 paid off cars =) And let me tell you, we are paying for our mistakes, slowly but surely. But it makes me so happy to say that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We budget, save, and keep constant track of our money. Well... I'm the obsessive one. Budgets make me happy!

What makes you happy?
L

P.S. All I want to do, is just go blow a pay check (or two) on a new wardrobe and home decor. Ugh...Wish I was thrifty!

No comments: