Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Love Wednesdays...

Well actually, it's a love/hate thing. Wednesday means Family Dinner Night. Which is really one of my favorite days. I get to visit with my In-Laws (whom I see everyday), my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, and also my lovely nieces. My nieces are 2 and 4 and some days they are crazy and some days they are lovely. Usually one is crazy and the other is lovely and funny. 


Today, my little niecey was a freakin HAM! Especially when we were skyping with J. She was so funny and just cracking everyone up. She kept telling J, "I Love you more!!" And really just talking about her day and her purse and what she keeps in there(this kid trucks around her purse with a cordless phone, keys, and sun glasses EVERYWHERE). My oldest niecey had just woken up from a nap, very grumpy and whiney. And when Mama walks in the door the whining goes thru the roof. 


Sometimes these girls are free birth control, let me tell you. And to all of you mothers out there, I am in awe of how amazing you are. I am over the whining is about three seconds flat. I know my nieces are good kids. They are abso-freakin'-adorable. But there is something about being with Mom and Dad at Grandma and Grandpa's house that makes these kids uncontrollably whiny. And I usually walk away thinking to myself "And I really want kids???? Am I nuts?!" 


I am sure every parent has experienced this. You know how good your kids (usually) are at home. And then there is something that just brings out the naughty. And it's like some other kids has taken over you sweet child's body. And this little monster comes out. Well, I guess they can't be good all the time or else you wouldn't appreciate the times they have little halo's above their head. 


Every Wednesday I find myself wondering if I am cut out to be a parent. Yep, babies are cute. It's their natural defense mechanism. And then they start talking. And then they form opinions. And you get the idea. Does everyone go thru this before they have kids? Question their sanity and wonder if they would make good parents? 


Well, hope everyone else is having a Happy Wednesday!


Love y'all!
L

No comments: