I am so excited to join the MilSpouse Blog Hop. Thank you Wife on the Roller Coaster for starting this! Since my hubs is just finishing up basic, I am super new to the military spouse things and I am ready to meet some other lovelies who are going thru the same thing!
So here is a little bit about me: I married my high school sweet heart in May of 2008 at 21. We had dated for about 4 years before getting married. He is my best friend and the man who makes me laugh harder than anyone else. He has recently joined the Navy and is graduating Basic in about a week. Up until now we have only spend about 3 weeks apart in the last 6 years. This is a whole new experience for us but is making us a stronger couple. As you know, I am super new to this so I can't wait to meet some other MilSpouses and hear their stories and learn from their experiences. I'm not sure what else there really is to tell, so how about I tell you 5 things you may or may not know about me. =)
1) I LOVE coffee. Like a lot. J knows the way to my heart is to bring me coffee in bed. Some of my favorite moments with J is him bringing me coffee in the morning and setting it on my night stand before I wake up.
2) I can't watch scary movies. They give me nightmares. I know, I'm a baby but they scare me. I used to make MP watch George of the Jungle after she made me watch scary movies with her.
3) I love listening to artists like Michael Buble or Jimmy Needham because they make me feel like I am in a love story.
4) My husband is my best friend and closest confidant. I share everything with him. A lot of people didn't think that we would make it, and who would when you are in high school? I lost a few friends over this and I can't say that I miss them. Family means everything to me and I will fight for my family (and my friends who ARE family).
5) I will be a social butterfly in a room full of people who no one knows each other. I can talk with everyone and make friends in a snap. But get me in a room filled with people who all know each other but me and I can hardly speak. For some reason this intimidates me, but I am trying to get over it and pretend to be my happy bubbly self even when I'm not feeling it.
and I'll add a little extra one for flavor. 6) Sometimes I use words because they make me laugh. When I say things like word, or yo, or anything a little off the wall its because I love laughing. I may not look like a girl who should talk like that, but sometimes it just slips out. I may not always be what you expect, but know that I am just a girl living out these three words: live, laugh, love. Always!
Any whoo....check out Riding the Roller Coaster's Blog Hop. All of the lovelies out there worth checking out!!!
Love and God Bless!!
Or as my niece calls me... LiLu