Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hind sight is 20/20

There are two things in my life that I would do over given the chance.
Buying our 1 bedroom townhouse when we though the housing market would only go up (hello September 2007)
Trading in my 2006 Scion xB for a 2008 Honda civic coupe.

Both are financially expensive right now. There is nothing we can do about the house (but cross our fingers our renter will sign another 1 yr lease!) but with the car we can try and fix our past mistakes.

If I still owned the Scion it would be paid off this year. It had 4 doors and plenty of room for our expanding family. But everyone made fun of my "toaster on wheels" and I succumb to peer pressure and sold the car. And I have to say, I absolutely LOVE my Honda. But is it practical? No. Only 2 doors with a car seat? Sounds fun! Is it expensive? Yes. And it won't be paid off for another 3 years.

So, we are pulling on our big girl (or in my husbands case boy) pants in our house and Delong my beloved car. And once it finally sells we will be buying a very inexpensive 4 runner for my husband that we can lay off in a short period of time. And after our "new" car is paid off then we can work on paying off our 2009 Kia optima. My mommy-mobile.

one day maybe we will be with out car payments. But for now, I'm gonna work on fixing my /our mistakes. We have a plan and we are gonna stick to it!!!

Love,
L
One at a time so we can eventually live the life we want.

No comments: