Sunday, October 16, 2011

Status: Outcast

Do you ever feel like you are on the outside looking in? I have to say, this is not a normal feeling for me. But in the last two days on two separate occasions I have felt a little outcast-ish.

Yesterday, I got a text from a friend up here saying to come by their car wash and help support one of the organizations up here. I was out and about so I decided to stop by (and was secretly hoping that they would kill the spider that is living in my side mirror). I waited in line for about 15 minutes to get my car washed. And the friend that invited me sat and talked to the person behind me for about 10 of those minutes, then comes up to my car and waves and walks on by. I also knew about 3 other people there washing cars (mostly J's friends) and only 1 talked to me. Hmm... guess they really are J's friends and not mine.

Then today, I check my facebook and my dad's girlfriend posted "I'm Engaged!!!" And this is really cool news and I am terribly excited for them (I am assuming that she means engaged to my dad). But when I talked to my dad on Friday, he certainly didn't mention getting engaged. Uh... not going to lie but I am a little disappointed that I found out via FB. Can I also say that I found out that my dad had some skin cancer removed from my brother over a month after it happened. Um....Just because I live 12 hours away does not mean I'm not part of the family!!!

Ugh... There is a part of me that wishes that things were different. But I'm not quite sure how to change it.

Feeling frustrated,
L

No comments: