Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Freedom

This is sort of three stories in 1. I'll try and keep it short and sweet.


1) Our mortgage used to be with Bank of America. I really hate that bank. I've never had a good experience with them and their customer service stinks. At least every time I've called. And I did a happy dance the day we found out our mortgage was sold. No freakin' joke. 


2) Our family goal is to be credit card debt free in 6 months with budgeted extra payments. Maybe sooner with our tax return.


3 A) Our new mortgage company is AMAZING and 3 B) OUR CREDIT CARD IS PAID OFF!!


Slightly Longer Version:


While we were with BofA J called several times to get our interest rate lowered under the Service Members Civil Relief Act (e-mail me if you have any questions about what this is). And they refused. Time and time again. And it didn't matter how many times J faxed in his active duty orders, a copy of his ID, a letter from his skipper, and countless other items. And every time they would respond with "I'm sorry, you are a reservist." Um... Are you kidding me?! 


Then our mortgage was sold. And I did a happy dance. And about a week ago we got a letter from our new company. A letter saying that upon review of our account they determined that our interest rate was to be lowered and apologized that it had not been lowered sooner. Then they gave us a check for the last two years of interest that we overpaid. 


{Insert singing choirs here - and me jumping up and down}


And with this interest check we paid off our last and only credit card. 


{Insert singing choirs here - and me jumping up and down}


And so there is my story. One goal down. We are FREE!!!

No comments: