Things I have learned in the past 3 weeks:
1) I now understand why people have road rage and drive automatics. It’s called traffic. And I am not talking about “there’s a little construction and it takes 5 extra minutes to get where you are going.” No siree! It’s “I just drove 30 miles in 2 hours and I may kill someone.” And my calf is killing me because I cannot go fast enough to get out of 1st gear before I come to a standstill again. Gotta love keeping the clutch in.
2) When people call things an island they usually mean it really is an island. I am admitting to being VERY blonde here, oh well. On a lovely walk with my husband thru our neighborhood, we come around a corner and much to my surprise… THERE IS WATER! And it totally shocked me. Yup…We live on an island and there is bound to be water surrounding us on all sides. Here’s your sign…
3) When my husband says he will take care of something, he really means that he will take care of it. We have to reserve a U-Haul for the move next weekend we had a little “discussion” about who was going to reserve it. Because J has been away at basic and A-School, I am used to taking care of everything myself. And I am a control freak. No big deal. During our “discussion” my husband tells me: “Linz, you have taken care of everything for me. Let me take care of you.” Awww!! Who can refuse a man so sweet?
4) Pregnancy is weird. Anyone who knows me, know that I LOVE coffee. It flows thru my veins (practically). Three days ago, I wake up and think to myself “mmm….Coffee…Uh scratch that. Does not sound good.” Coffee ALWAYS sounds good to me. Dang baby…messing up my taste buds. =) Also, the fabulous meatballs that I stuffed my face with? Almost tossed my cookies when we were putting the leftovers away. Strange things are happening to my sniffer!
5) I am so mean to my poor husband! After a hair appointment the other day, I chat with my husband. And since he is up in WA, I start to tell him about what I did to my hair. And I lie to him. Yep! I told him that I have died my “Barbie Blonde” hair jet black. And you know that hair that I have been growing out? Well I decided that I am over it and I’ve cut off like 5 or 6 inches. And you know what he says? “Oh babe, I am sure that it looks beautiful. I can’t wait to see it.” He is an amazing man. And shame on me for fibbing to him. =)I am sure that I will be learning MANY more things in these next coming weeks. I have a feeling that there will be many funny stories to share! =)