Sunday, August 22, 2010

Change Happens

And the count down begins.....


9 days till my last day of work.
14 days till I am in my new state and new house and new home.


And I have a list of things to do before I go:
pack my room
get copies of medical records
go to vet appointment to get dogs checked out, heart worm check, copies of vet records 
ask my manager for a letter of recommendation
get my oil changed and cancel my oil policy for my car
get my hair done (I am seriously going to miss paying $25 for a cut and a color!!!)


Hmm.... I can't think of anything else I need to do! 


Does anyone have any advice for things to do/get done before you move? This is my first move to another state. thank goodness my husband had the house and everything there set up. 


Part of me is so happy that I get to be with my husband again. I know that he is super lonely up there and I can't wait to just start our life together again, but there is another part of me that doesn't want to leave. I am scared to death to move somewhere brand new. We have prayed and prayed and prayed about his decision to join the Navy. I KNOW deep in my heart that this is where he is supposed to be. And I know that I am going to follow him where ever he goes. And I had a peace about our decision. And this really was a decision we made together. A commitment we made together. And not that I am backing out of this decision, but the peace I had has now left me. I am certain once I get to WA that I will be certain once again, but change is scary. 


But change happens.


And you can't keep change from happening. And change is GOOD! I just need to remember that right now. J and I are so blessed and I truly married the perfect man for me. And I need to focus on that, and not the things that are scary to me right now. 


Thank you for listening to my fears y'all!
Love,
L

1 comment:

Meesh said...

Words for any Mil=Spouse to live by - "And this really was a decision we made together. A commitment we made together" well put! xo