Monday, May 10, 2010

Bye Bye Bye

What a GREAT weekend!!!! Hmm... Lets recap it:

Wednesday: Drive to Portland, drink wine with MoLaw, and sleep. 

Thursday: Get up early, drink bad coffee at hotel, get thru airport security, sit at Starbucks and enjoy the amazingness I call coffee. Board plane, fly to O'Hare, check in, eat yummy burgers (Ram's! It's amazing!), go to bed (yeah right! Too excited to sleep!)

Friday: Wake up super early, get to base at about 6-ish before the gates open to make sure we will make it. Sit down and wait for the ceremony to start. Sit next to annoying fiancé who talks REALLY loud about how her fiancé proposed to her in a letter from boot camp. People watch, drink coffee, wait for graduation to begin. Squeal REALLY loud when I see hubs come out(Oh yea, it was embarrassing). Race down the bleachers with MoLaw and take pictures the whole time he is down there. Watch graduation. After graduation is over go to designated meeting spot. South side under the flags. Hublet fails to mention that there are flags covering three sides of the room and I fail navigation-ally. Stand on the side we last saw him and wait. FINALLY see husband and give him the biggest hug EVER. Don't want to let go. Finally give him up so he can hug his parents. Snap lots of pictures. Leave the base for the hotel, have some alone time, talk and get coffee. Head to Chicago to walk around. Pray with a homeless former marine on the side walk (without getting robbed or pick-pocketed). Take lots of pictures, get coffee, head back to the hotel. Lay on the couch with the hubs rubbing my feet catching up on life (our favorite moment of the weekend), head to Ram's for dinner. Bring hubs back to base and leave him for the night. 

Saturday: Pick up the hubs, get there early enough to see them march out and hear them sing, head to hotel to hang out, drink coffee and just be with each other. Meet some friends of J's parents for lunch, go shopping, head back to the hotel for a little nap, eat dinner, take J back to base.

Sunday: Pick J up and his friend A-Poc, head to hotel to hang out and pack, leave hotel for airport.  Grab coffee on the way (this is a common occurrence apparently!). Tear up on the way to drop off the rental car. Get to airport, get tickets, eat lunch, tear up, head back to ticket counter to check in bags and sit down in the only seats available. Hang out there for as long as possible, tear up some more, hug while A-Poc pretends we aren't hugging in public, say our goodbyes and head to security while the boys head to the USO before heading back to base. Get to gate in a very crabby mood, cry a little, board plane (still very crabby), cry some more, look at MoLaw and die laughing because we are both crying and find it somehow amusing, fall asleep, wake up, lovely steward brings be a coke and I am  back to my less crabby self. Tear up a few more times, plane lands, Faasha drives us back home and get to bed at about 1am. 

Well....I guess that ended up being very long! But long story short, seeing my husband reassured me that he is my bestest friend and love of my life. I can't wait to get based and be with him. Home is where the heart is, and let me tell you, I'm a little home sick right now. Hopefully get to talk to the hubs soon. I'll put up some pictures as soon as the get downloaded to my computer. 

Any one have any advice for A School and how you kept connected? 

Goodnight lovelies! Love and God Bless!!
L

6 comments:

Amanda C. said...

im glad you had a great weekend!!
i cant wait until its time for my honey to graduate!
<3

Brittney said...

awww sounds like fun! i remember my hubbys graduation...the worst part was being together during the day and then having to bring them back to the base at night!! bleehhhh it was awful! i cried every time!! Lol!! post some pics as soon as you can! :)

Jen said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!! :)

Amanda C. said...

hey girl, i just have a quick question if you don't mind answering. :) My hubby just left for Great Lakes, today actually, and I was just wondering 1. how long it took to receive the DEERS package so that you could get Tricare and your i.d. and everything. 2. how long did it take to get his first paycheck. and 3. how long did it take to get the graduation package?

okay, so it was more than one question, haha! But I hope you don't mind my asking, I'm just not sure where else to turn to!
thanks so much.
<3

L said...

Amanda - Here is a link that I used to get information about what basic was like for my hubs. It has some info about pay on the left hand side in the gray box. Hopefully that will help!! Also, I think it took about 3 weeks (maybe less) to get the info about the ID card and Tri Care. Both are super easy. Also, you can chat with his recruiter if you need any info about where to go or what to do. I can't quite remember, but I think that the graduation information came with the miltary ID stuff. I am pretty sure it came before I actually got a letter from him tho.
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/navyjoin/l/aanavybasic2.htm
Let me know if you have anymore questions!!! I will check my stuff and see if I can find anything else for you.

Amanda C. said...

Thank you so very much! You've been really helpful, thanks! <3