Wednesday, January 18, 2012

9 Months Old

Wow.... Nine whole months. Can I confess that I still think of my baby as 6 months? Maybe I am wishing that he would slow down a little bit.

Little Ninja, you are changing so much! This month you have really started to get around. Not only are you rolling, but you are army crawling all over the place. You are also figuring out that you can reach things that aren't on the ground. It was so fun to see you figure out how to position your body to reach the diaper cream on a ledge that was just above head level. You would scoot closer, to the side, reach, move a little and keep at it until you were able to grab it. So much fun to see your little mind work.

As for eating, you are eating solids two to three times per day about 4-8 ounces each time. Plus puffs. Oh dear, we cannot forget the puffs. That is the best part of meal time! You are addicted to those things. I think your favorite thing if probably rice cereal with pears and prunes, and also peas. But there are not a lot of things you don't like. You also still like yams, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, bananas, mixed veggies, mixed fruits, mac and cheese, chicken with noodles or rice, and turkey with noodles or rice. Pretty much, I am saying you love food. We are working on more finger foods. You love plain toast! That was a big hit. You are also still eating about 32 ounces of formula each day. 6 ounces or a little less every 3 hours.

Finally you are about sleeping thru the night!! We have stopped feeding you at night and just been coming in to put in your paci. About a month ago, we were coming in twice a night to put that darn paci back in. Now, we are only in once a night and you are sleeping longer and longer. Last night, daddy went in to put your paci in at about 5:00 am. The night before I was in at about 4:30am. Lovely! We are getting there! You still go to sleep like a champ. Bath or no bath, you go in your pj's have a little bottle, and it's into bed you go. There is no tears and you are down for the night. Putting you in your crib early, and keeping with a general routine has worked wonders for you. You are down for the count somewhere between 7:30 and 8:00 pm and then up for the day around 6:30.

You are still in 6 month clothes but quickly growing out of them. You weigh about 19 lbs and I have no idea how long you are. You are almost grown out of your car seat. I am still wondering when you will sit by yourself because you have 3 more pounds. Still, you will sit in my lap, and sit when you want to, but stick you in a cart? You slump to the side. Silly baby!

Oh my lanta... you chat all the time. I can always tell when you are uncomfortable with new people, because you are so quite, then about 5 minutes later on and on you go! And you make this "seagull" noise that is a happy squeal.... not my favorite noise, but you love it! You have said "mama" to me, "papa" to your grandpa, and "baba" to your bottle. But in general, you just chat. It may be a coincidence that you have said those words to the right thing. In your own time. Still no "stranger danger" you are happy to be with anyone. The only exception was when you were crowded by all of my family and I was no where to be seen. Big tears for that one. But after a few minutes back with mama, and introducing you to people one at at time, you loved being the center of attention! You are also quite the little ham. You will do things, make sure we are looking, then laugh your little head off. You want to make sure we see all of your antics.

Oh my baby boy, I love you so much. My life has forever been changed. I can't wait to see the toddler and child you are to become. You are such a joy in our lives.

We love you baby!!

1 comment:

Kaylee said...

Oh so sweet!!! 9 months, yay!!!