Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful Thanksgiving

I am surprised at home much fun I had on Thanksgiving. We spent it with a friend J made at work and a bunch of their friends. I think all in all there was about 20 plus people in their house. Best part, they had a 10 month old who was crawling and sitting. She and H were LAUGHING up a storm together. It was so nice to see him really interact with another baby. There is a 10 month old at daycare, but I don't generally get to see them play together. So sweet watching them play. =)

My one and only Black Friday purchase was a pair of AE skinny jeans. I am super excited. This is my first pair of skinny jeans. And they were an online purchase so I am crossing all of my fingers that they will fit okay. Best part? 40% off plus free shipping. Way to make it easy on a girl!! I love that kind of deal.

My little ninja has learned a new sound. And it is a whiny squeal. Not mama's favorite sound. And he is starting to cry when we leave the room. That's fun. All a part of the developmental process, I know, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I much prefer his happier sounds.

At the risk of sounding like a scrooge, I am not looking forward to putting up all of the Christmas decorations. I think being away from home and the "normal" traditions that we usually participate in. And I know, I know, we should be making our own traditions especially because we have our son now but you know what? I don't want to be a grown up. I want someone else to be in charge and take care of putting every thing up. Making sure that H doesn't eat the tree. Vacuuming up all the stupid needles. Buying new decorations to replace some of the old worn ones.

All that being said, I am sure that the decorations will be up by next week and I will be sure happy that I have a real tree that fits all of our ornaments. I will be thinking how happy I am that our house looks Christmas-y and I will be in the Christmas spirit.

Pintrest will be my BFF for new decorations. I will get in the spirit!

L

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Glad you had fun lady!!