Monday, December 19, 2011

Home for the Holidays

Well... Not quite. But we are home, and we are celebrating so it's close!

I love going home. Everything is familiar, I know my way around,  I can see the people I want to and avoid those who I don't wants to see (dashing down a random aisle in Target, anyone?). The only sad things about this trip is that we are only home for about 2 and a half days. So it is lots and lots of family time. And I have to say, I am super glad that my Mama doesn't live here any more. Not that I don't want to see her, but juggling 3 families in 2.5 days is not easy. Two families is hard enough.

So what's on the schedule? Last night we got in to town, unpacked relaxed, and let H out of his car seat. Today was spent seeing some family friends. Then tonight is dinner with my Gran, Dad, his fiance, and possibly my brother. Then tomorrow is lunch with a friend and Christmas with J's family. And Wednesday we will drive back to P-Town, see my grandma and Aunt and (fingers crossed) two friends. One of my besties and another girl I went to high school with.

One thing that I am loving about being home is all of the decoration my MoLaw has up. Many of the things are home-made and very Pintrest worthy. A glass block filled with Christmas lights and then a ribbon bow. A vase filled with ornaments, garland beads, and these curly stick things. It's Christmas-y with out throwing up Christmas on you. My Mama is the same way. The way she decorates is very similar. Not something that you would be able to buy in a store, but something you make your own. Maybe one day my house will be similar.

Well since I am on vacation, I am off to take a nap with my son. LOVE VACATION!

No comments: