Sunday, May 15, 2011

I may lead a boring life...

But I appreciate it!!!

Holy moly we have some crazy friends up here!!! And after having my little man around, I can only take them in small doses and in certain places.

This Friday was a going away party for one of our friends going on deployment. J and I were hesitant to go because we know how crazy these parties can get and we have the little one now. Trust me, I am not THAT parent that brings their child to a party with tons (and tons) of drinking. We also had family in town and wanted to spend most of our time with them. So we decided to just stop by for a second, say hi and let everyone see the babe again.

We had a few minutes at 7:30 to stop by. The party hadn't got started yet, so we decided to just not go. We were tired, wanted to hang with our family, and we had to get started on the little man's bedtime routine. We ended up spending the night hanging out on the couch, relaxing, and just enjoying each other.

And let me tell you, I am sooooo glad we didn't even stop by. Thank you Jesus. Seriously. It was a crazy party with lots and lots of drinking, a fight, the cops being called, and a whole heck of a lot of drama. All in all a whole lot of stuff that I just don't need in my life.

I don't know if I am just getting old and married, or if having a baby has totally changed my perspective but I have no desire to really be around any of these people any more unless it's in a controlled setting. And I do not want to bring my adorable son around a bunch of drunk people who want to hold him (can anyone say bad idea?).

I would much rather spend my evenings a little more quietly. Less drinking, more relaxing, and maybe spending some time with people I actually have something in common with.

Maybe one day that will happen. But right now, I am super glad that my hubs is totally over it also. And he likes spending time with me, YAY!

Is it just me? Maybe I am a giant stick in the mud, but I have no desire to party like a rockstar.

Love,
L

No comments: