Sunday, June 19, 2011

...

I wish I could say that life has gotten easier with my little ninja, but sadly this isn't so.

Who on EARTH would think that feeding such a little person would be so hard. This week we decided to feed him mainly bottles, while still having him nurse at night. And this went well for about 5 days. And while I have always had enough milk for twins, now I barely have enough for one. I went from pumping 4-6oz at every pumping session (even the night ones) today I have barely been able to pump 3 oz at a session....and this last time I pumped, it was an ounce.

I am feeling sooo disheartened by this. I want nothing more than to breast feed my baby boy, but right now it's not looking good. I am hoping that once we are home (we are on vacation right now) that things will get a bit easier. And the worst part about this? Last night, the middle of the night feeding was so perfect. He ate so well and so peacefully. And now? I am wondering if we are going to have to run to the store to get formula just to feed him before bed.

Little man, you are two months old. I was hoping that we would have mastered breast feeding by now. Sadly, we are still working on it.

Thankfully, he is so dang sweet normally that it makes it all better. But this little boy is freaking particular about his milk. If it's too fast or too slow, he is ticked. If it's not warm enough, he's ticked. If my milk takes too long to let down, it's all over.

Maybe next time, I'll share something more exciting that breast feeding news.

L

No comments: