Monday, April 25, 2011

He's HERE!!!!

My little ninja made his arrival last Sunday! I can't believe his is already more than a week old. Time flys!

Here are the stats:

Hyatt was born, April 17th at almost 2 in the afternoon.
He was 7 lbs, 7.5 oz and 19.5 inches long
I was in labor for a total of 14 hours and pushed for about 4.5 hours.
I would do the laboring part again in a heart beat. The pushing? Not so much, but the coreman reminded me that usually the second child comes out much easier =)
Epidurals are my best friend.
The best moment was when he finally came out. Words do not describe the feeling.
My husband was the best labor coach I could have asked for. He is best father and is more amazing at this new part of our life that I could have imagined.

So far I am loving being a mom. I am so glad that I have the help of J and my mom this week. I am sad that J has to go back to work on Wednesday. And my mom goes home on Friday. But thankfully we will have more family here soon (Dad - Friday thru Sunday, MoLaw and Auntie the following weekend) The hardest part so far is the emotions. My hormones must be all over the place and that is not fun. But we are all working thru it. Thank goodness for an amazing husband who understands me, or makes me laugh when he doesn't understand.

The strangest part about not being pregnant is that I don't miss my belly at all. I loved (LOVED!) my preggo belly. But now that Hyatt is here, I don't miss it at all. That surprised me. Instead of a preggo belly, I now have what I call my beer belly which is shrinking every day. The other strange thing is that I was retaining a lot more water than I realized. I have skinny arms and calves again! It's amazing!

So that is where I have been these last few weeks. Loving mommy-hood and just getting used to the new routine. Hopefully I will have lots of interesting things to post soon!!!

Love
L

3 comments:

navynest said...

Congratulations!! Welcome to the world, Hyatt :)

Jen said...

Congrats!!!! I love his name!!!! :)

Samantha said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your husband!! So happy for you both! April 17th is my birthday, so Hyatt picked a wonderful day to enter the world, hehe! :)