Thursday, January 15, 2015

One Word 2015

I hate New Year's resolutions. For me, they never work. By February, they are a passing thought and by March I have no idea what I resolved in the first place. All that said, I love one word. Last year my word was bloom. Shortly before the new year I saw something on Pintrest, "Bloom where you are planted." That really struck me. My husband has been in the Navy for almost 4 years, we have lived away from our home for over 3 years, am I really setting down roots? Am I really making friends? Am I really happy with where I'm at? That answer was no. So I set out to bloom, right where I am planted. And I did at first, and then like most resolutions I forgot a little. But by the end of spring, I was reaching out to people, I was making friends, I was enjoying our rainy little home more than I had in years. So from this, I think that one word works for me. And I know that putting it up where I see it on a daily or weekly basis makes it stick.

My word for 2015 is heart. I want to be the heart of my home. Where my heart is, my treasures are as well. I have spent far too much time and energy worrying about my little life not being perfect. I have spent too much time with my head in my phone to really capture the moments with my family. I have spent too much time wanting to get closer to God and not really doing it. So for 2015, where my heart is, my treasure is as well. I've deleted Facebook and Instagram off my phone and I am happier than I have been in a long time. It's silly to get caught up in everyone else's highlight reel, but there I was. And while I know I will be back, this break has helped me gain my confidence back. I am a good mom. I am a good wife, I am a good friend. I've got this! It's not perfect, but it's my perfect mess.

L.

No comments: