Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful

So many many things to be thankful for this year. And I know that I am a few days early for Thanksgiving, but since we will be traveling, I will post a little early this year.

I am so very thankful for my husband. He is the head of our household and I look up to him in so many ways. He is sweet and kind and doesn't put up with my crap. He is my rock and he has held my hand thru so many things. I could not imagine being married to anyone else. I am thankful for my mom who loves me even when I am not very lovable. She gives me advice and tells me when I am being spoiled. She takes care of me, even though I am married and living on my own. I am thankful for my in-laws. They have taken me in when J was away. They have taught me what a godly marriage looks like. They have loved me like their own and taught me so many things about my husband. I am thankful for J's auntie who has shown me how to be a working mom and how to be involved in my kids lives and till take time for myself. She has also inspired my love for jeans, purses, and shoes.  I am thankful for my sister in law who is a super woman. She is the mom that I strive to be. She is constantly busy and happy and playing with her kiddos. And she may not realize how awesome she is, but I look up to her so much. I am thankful for my family who always let's me know that they love me and never holds it against me that I stink at keeping in touch. I am thankful for the Navy who provided a way of life that my husband and I love. And while I know that it will not always be this easy, I am thankful that for right now it is. I am thankful for a little baby rolling around in my tummy. While I feel completely unprepared to take care of a child, I know that I will love him or her with all of my heart, and that has to count for something. Finally, I am thankful for a God who loves my unconditionally. A God who knows what is going on and knows the desires of my heart. I strive to be a woman of God and fall short daily, but to him, what matters is that I try.

Hopefully you have lots to be thankful for too. Enjoy your Turkey Day!
Love,
L

No comments: